The HealthCare Innovation Summit evaluated the current healthcare apps for Africa. As a result, a top 10 list for the best applications in year of 2015 was published. Among the top five are mostly apps that particularly promote the healthcare of mother and child.
- # 1: Find-A-Med (helps the users to find the closest healthcare facility within Nigeria)
- # 2: Kids-First-Aid (gives emergency information to parents and teachers while traveling in African countries, helping with local language barriers)
- # 3: Hello Doctor (provides access to healthcare advice via live group chat forums, confidential one-on-one conversation or call backs from a doctor within 60 minutes)
- # 4: MomConnect (supports registered women until the first birthday of their child through regular healthcare information)
- # 5: Smart Health App (provides basic information on HIV/AIDs, malaria and tuberculosis including additional information on maternal, newborn and child health)
Read and see more:
Blog: Top 10 healthcare apps for Africa. http://www.itnewsafrica.com/2015/08/top-10-healthcare-apps-for-africa/