Adressing causes of stunting using Peer educators and fellow expert mothers and fathers, prioritizing 1000 days period, encouraging good cultures and discouraging harmful practices and advocating for increased female education.
The problem we aim to solve
We would like to concentrate on the 1,000 days because this period offers a unique window of opportunity to build healthier and prosperous future because a 1000 days have a profound impact on a child’s ability to grow, learn, and thrive and a lasting effect on a country’s health and prosperity. The nutrition during pregnancy provides essential building blocks for brain development, health growth and a strong immunity. Remember a person’s lifelong health -including their predisposition to obesity and chronic diseases are largely set during this 1000 day window thus this is why it is critical that women and children get the right nutrition during this time.
Stunting impairs growth and development which makes children experience poor nutrition, repeated infection and inadequate psychological stimulation (WHO, 2017) Stunting in life particularly in the first 1,000 days is crucial and needs great attention otherwise consequences such as poor cognition and educational performance, low adult wages, lost productivity and increased risk of nutrition related chronic diseases in adult life. As seen in Assmann foundation website that 30% of children are stunted, concerted efforts are required to stop stunting such as: community programs to ensure household access to proper sanitation, availability clean water and diversified foods, reduction of poverty for families in need, education on how to feed young children and protect them from infections.
The innovativeness of our approach
- Education of peer mothers and fathers on 1,000 days importance in child development
- Education of adolescent girls and boys on delayed marriage
- advocacy and encouragement of female education as research shows that stunting in educated mothers children is lower than in children of uneducated
- Discouragement of harmful practices related to pregnancy, labor and breast feeding and encouragement of positive cultures related to child development and growth
- Enforcement of stringent policies and laws on child marriage, education and feeding.
- encouraging all stakeholders including political will to join hands in prevention of stunting and malnutrition
Technologies and Methods
- Community dialogues on elimination of stunting and malnutrition
- Use of behavior change communication agents to address key issues related to malnutrition and stunting
- Radio talk shows and spot messages on stunting and malnutrition
- School health clubs
- Advertisements on televisions
- Peer girl/mother/father support groups on stopping malnutrition and stunting
- Magazines/ brochures/ bill boards
- World food program
- Andre food institute
- Concern world wide
Das Voting endet am 24. Juni 2018, 23:59 Uhr.
Komol magdalene sophie
Ogole paul mark yeye